Rico reacts to being nominated for the prestigious Liebster Award.
Portland, OR – In act that baffles most literary purists, amateur blogger Daryle Rico was nominated for the prestigious Liebster Award by fellow blogger A.J. Goode. Goode, whose blog can be found by clicking this link, was not available to defend her actions, but most of Rico’s readers assume she was probably just too hard pressed to come up with an eleventh and final blogger to nominate.
Nevertheless, Rico was thrilled by his nomination. “I am really quite tickled,” said Rico. “Who would have ever guessed that stealing photos from Facebook albums and making up lies about my friends would ever bring me such fame and fortune?”
Rico estimates that he has pissed off no fewer than 50 of his closest friends with his blog, some of them on multiple occasions. His list of victims reads like a Who’s Who of literary characters and name brand grocery products, including Winnie the Pooh, Snuggles the bear, Barney the dinosaur, and Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
Sergio Villalobos, one of Rico’s favorite foils was unimpressed by his nomination. “It just goes to prove that the only way Rico can move up in this world is by climbing on the backs of others,” fumed a bitter Villalobos.
Rico demonstrates his ability to follow rules by displaying the Liebster award logo prominently within his post.
In keeping with the requirements of the nomination, Rico was quick to post the following:
- Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
- Display the Liebster Award logo.
- No tag back thingys.
Eleven utterly random facts about Daryle Rico:
1. I have one of the largest hot sauce collections on the West Coast.
2. I was the student body president of my high school.
3. I once completed a pass to Joe Montana.
4. I once produced six songs for a children’s music video.
5. I am one of six boys in my family – and the most handsome of the lot.
6. I have seen the Mona Lisa, the Liberty Bell and the Alamo.
7. I have stood atop the World Trade Center.
8. I once played golf in 117 degree heat.
9. When I was 5 years old, I was knocked down by a Black Lab and broke my collar bone.
10. I have destroyed “Young Girl” in at least 5 different karaoke bars.
11. I have been asked to speak at two high school graduation ceremonies
Eleven Questions Asked by His Nominee:
1. If you could be a superhero, what power would you want? I would be INS Agent Man and have the power to deport Sergio Villalobos back to Costa Rica.
2. Coke or Pepsi? Coke – the real one. Not Diet, not Lime, not Zero.
3. What do you believe in? I believe in love at first sight. I also believe it’s time for a beer.
4. Who inspires you? My favorite writer is Tom Robbins. My favorite comedian in George Carlin. I am inspired by the words of John F. Kennedy.
5. Are you an Old Soul or Young at Heart? I hope I am Young at Heart.
6. What was your first job? Setting clay pigeons at a gun range for shooters to shoot at.
7. If you could go back in time and change one event in history, what would it be? I would tell President Lincoln that Our American Cousin is over-rated and to stay home that night.
8. What is your dream car? I dream of driving a Kia Soul just to pick up gerbils. Oh wait, that doesn’t even sound right…
9. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Gosh, that’s tough. It would either be lasagna or rhubarb pie. No wait, make it rhubarb lasagna.
10. Dog person or cat person? I love dogs. I tolerate cats.
11. What one place would you like to visit before you die? I would like to see the Philippines and dance with Gladys Ramos on the beach.
My 11 nominees: